Monday, March 21, 2011

“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul (Psalm 143:8).” 


In the quiet and stillness of the morning I discovered that letting yourself jump into a pool of discomfort can be a catastrophe.  A whirlwind of pain, and hurt comes flashing by and you have to decide whether or not you want to say hi to it. But then, something miraculous happens and you walk onto the narrow road that leads you into peace and perfect serenity. Sitting on my front porch, I watched the cottontails search for danger, and heard the wind come out to play. The stars danced among each other while they fell for someones wish. The chimes rattled against each other to create perfect harmony in the darkness of 2:30am. The dead leaves of winter flinched when the playful wind nudged them. I looked into the sky and when the clouds passed over my head to reveal the beautiful moonlight I heard God whisper into my ear, He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. That whirlwind of pain passed, and the hurt--well I said goodbye to it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment