Sunday, September 5, 2010

God woke up with me this morning.




















I have a person in my life who is wise, well-spoken, and stubborn. This person is someone that I look up too. The older he gets, the smarter I get. I have been in this persons life every day of my own life, and he has taken care of me, even when I didn't know how to sit up on my own. From day one, I have been disciplined, taught, and loved unconditionally. He has been there when he needed to be there, and he knew when he needed to not be there for me, for my sake. I still do not understand how he thinks to this day, even though everyone tells me I'm just like him. If I could be half of the man he is when I'm grown, that'll be enough. I had said in an earlier post that I wanted to write about him, but I was too emotional at the time to do so. Now I think God has opened my heart enough to write about him, write about the troubles, write about the trials and situations that this man has put me in. I wanted to write about the good times, and the bad times. I wanted to tell the world, and tell him that he has molded me and disciplined me into a girl that I'm proud of.

Since I've had this blog, I've had insight on how to open up, share what I'm thinking, and many more opportunities to write. I believe with all my heart that everything happens for a reason, and when God hands you the key to open a door, you take the key and you open the door. No questions asked. So I'm writing what I'm about to type down, so that I can have it, forevermore.

This man, that I have been talking about, is of course my dad. He's a truck driver, and he went to Salt Lake City, Utah this past week. I usually get a phone call from him every once and a while. This week I didn't. I wondered why, and I was soon to find out. I never thought my dad would be a "soft, heartfelt type person" but in his older age, he's becoming softer. It's nice. Onto the point, when he arrived back home from the trip he told my mom and I a story. A story that will probably stick with me forever. For one, I never thought I would hear something like this come out of his mouth, and two my dad isn't very open about his faith. He started to tell the story.

"Utah is in a valley, and you can see as far as to the horizon, where the sky meets the earth. And in the morning, when the earth is still black, and the sky is just barely lightning up, I looked at that horizon line and saw God waking up with me that morning. Its like when a person is barely awake, and you don't want to open your eyes just yet, that represents the sky when its that pale blue color, right before the sun comes up. And then that glorious moment, when the sun just peaks over that horizon line its like God saying, Good Morning, I'm here. And we try to block out that light, and try and dodge the sun by covering our eyes. Everyone tries to make their way around the things they go through in life, without actually facing the sun, and moving forward. But that morning when God woke up with me, I figured out that I had been dodging God, and blocking out the sun wasn't going to work anymore. That morning, God woke up with me and made my day."  

My father said that, and it made my days, forever.
It's like, every bad memory, everything that happened in the past, disappeared.
I love my father, on earth and in Heaven.

My Prayer for today, God, wake up with me every morning, wake up with my dad and wrap your arms around him. Open his heart even more and I pray that someday, the solutions to every problem in my family will be found. You've done wonders with my dad, and I know that You are all-knowing, God. I wish to further Your kingdom, and be everything You want me to be. Love, Your daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment