Saturday, September 25, 2010

Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we're wired that way. Because without it, I don't know; maybe we just wouldn't feel real. What's that saying?

Its like this: Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop.

Sometimes you just need to cry & be sad. You need to break down & be torn apart. You need to learn how to pick yourself up & put yourself back together. Sometimes, the only way to be happy is to give into sadness first. Cause without sadness, there’s no happiness; you would never learn to smile. Do you know how depressing a life without smiling would be? 

Its like this: How would you know how it felt to lose your cell phone, if you never had one?

"It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson on the Declaration of Independence and the part about our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
 And I remember thinking how did he know to put the pursuit part in there?
 That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue and maybe we can
actually never have it. No matter what. How did he know that? "
-Pursuit of Happyness

1 comment: